1. And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy. —Revelation 13:1-4
2. And the beast which I saw was like unto a leopard, and his feet were as the feet of a bear, and his mouth as the mouth of a lion: and the dragon gave him his power, and his seat, and great authority.
3. And I saw one of his heads as it were wounded to death; and his deadly wound was healed: and all the world wondered after the beast.
4. And they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him?
There are certain terms we must understand in order to fully grasp the message being portrayed in this rotulus:
- Beast: A “beast” in Bible prophecy represents a kingdom (Daniel 7:23)
- Horn: A “horn” in Bible prophecy represents a king / kingdom (Daniel 8:21–22)